FC5 : burn ISO with K3B under Gnome??

Beartooth Beartooth at adelphia.net
Sun Sep 10 18:19:36 UTC 2006

I downloaded the live CD of Puppy Linux, and tried to burn it to a CD. K3B
has a specially setting for burning ISOs -- the puppy page had told me to
look for that -- but only for DVDs. K3B wouldn't let me use it.

So I burned the file to a CD, and burning appeared to work, including
checking; but the CD won't boot.

I had similar troubled when I tried to burn my own CDs to upgrade from FC3
to FC4; never did get it to work, and eventually got my FC4 and FC5 media
from elsewhere.

I don't see sense in using a DVD for something designed to go with tons of
room left over, on a CD. (Puppy is under 72 MB) Besides, I want to try it
on machines that don't *have* DVD readers, nor want them.

I don't often burn any CD, and may be making some obvious error. What is
it??

What do they know of country, who only country know?