Cinelerra under FC5[Scanned]

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 20:31:45 UTC 2006

I also spent some time with Cinelerra - a strange program.  I
eventually threw in the towel (at least for now).

I've been toying with Avidmeux2 and LiVES - I don't paticularly like
the UI in LiVES, but it seems as stable as Avidmeux and has a few of
the features I wanted to use in Cinelerra (transitions, reversing
video...).

LiVES can be found here:
http://lives.sourceforge.net/index.php?do=downloads

The jack audio still isn't working for me - if I preview in LiVES with
the audio set on jack, there is no sound.  If I change the audio to
sox, I can hear the sound in LiVES.  Either way, the resulting file
has sound when saved as mpeg.

Hopefully, the full 0.9.7 release will be released soon - salsaman
(the dev) seems to be actively working on it these days...

Chris