Command used to view desktop envorinoment

Jack Gates jlgates at charter.net
Mon Sep 11 01:29:56 UTC 2006

On Sunday 10 September 2006 21:22, Chhun Vanna wrote:
> Dear all
> any body can help me with linux command to view my current desktopn
> enviornment?
> i just want to show m desktop is KDE or GNOME?
> I try to search with switchdesk command but it does not sounds what
> i want.

If you have not changed the way your desktop looks you can tell by
this.  KDE has the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and Gnome has
it at the top of the screen.  Konqueror will be your file manager
browser with KDE and Nautilus will be the one for Gnome.

--
Jack Gates http://www.morningstarcom.net