Re: dual boot with Fedora and NTFS on windows: is it safe ?

On 11/09/06, James Wilkinson <fedora aprilcottage co uk> wrote:

[1] Yes, there *are* security improvements -- NT-based Windows has
*some* idea of security! The underlying security model (near the kernel)
is very fine-grained -- it's just let down by not having suitable tools
to analyse and update security settings in bulk, and a user-space that
isn't designed to make sensible use of it.

Yes, I've been burned by this on my lab (XP) machine.  Had to
change my account (to a domain log on), and discovered that
mass-changing of ownership would sometimes skip
files/directories seemingly at random.  I'm sure there's a logical
explanation, but I still find files that weren't changed over
occasionally.

--
imalone