Problems with a disk from RAID array

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 15:16:58 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 16:05 +0200, Przemyslaw Gawronski wrote:
> > You'll have to delete the array for that.
>
> OK, I managed to do that under windows, without a RAID controller. There
> is no way to do it under Linux without a hardware RAID controller?
>
> Przemek

I'm not sure I fully understand the problem.
If you are using a supported hardware RAID, the drives are combined into
a RAID array, Linux will view them as a single RAID drive.
If you are using a non supported hardware RAID (mostly semi-hardware
on-board IDE/SATA RAID chipsets), you'll either see the drives as two
single drives or will not see them at all.

Start from scratch.
Post the complete hardware configuration.
What you have, and what you are trying to achieve.

- Gilboa