Re: how to send an e-mail --- (a problem!)

SERGIE schrieb:

Guys,

using echo hello | sendmail -s test john black vpnmail ru fails. It stays
Where did you got that command line from?

in /var/spool/mqueue or /var/spool/clientmqueue with DERIVED status.
Former is the daemon's mail queue, last the submission mail queue.

I think that either FROM address & Return-Path are wrong, or the sender's address could not be resolved by target SMTP.
date | mail -s "this is a test" recipient otherdomain tld

And read your /var/log/maillog to see what happens.

How do I send a simple e-mail? sendmail is too complicated. Is there anything else (exim and postfix I tried and cried...)

What does the MTA have to do with client side mail sending? - Normally done by using a MUA, like mail, nail, mutt, pine ... or a GUI one like evolution or thunderbird.

Alexander