OT? : 256 posts in one thread

Having a moment free, with the thread quiet or quiescent, I just tried to
hand-count the posts in the "British" thread. I get 256 -- with both #100
and #200 on Gene Heskett; in case anybody wants to check, that might
help.

I suppose it's pure chance that the number should settle on a power of
two. Is it some kind of a record?

What do they know of country, who only country know?