block root access to NFS mount

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 11 20:46:13 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 14:28 -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
> Okay, here's a problem I'm running in to.  I have an NFS server that is
> controlled via NIS for which hosts access the NFS mounts.  I need to
> give root access to an NFS client host machine, but /not/ the NFS
> mounts.  Is there any way at all to control this, other than making the
> NFS mounts read only?
>
> (Yeah I know it's a strange question, but time is pressing and I don't
> have enough of it to google.)  Any help would be appreciated.

It is such a strange question I am not sure I understand it. You have a
NFS server machine which I assume contains the user directories that are
used though NIS and NFS from the clients.

But what is NFS client host machine? How does it fit into the picture?
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>