dual boot with Fedora and NTFS on windows: is it safe ?

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 12 04:58:43 UTC 2006

John Que wrote:
> When installing dual boot with FAT /FAT32 on the Windows partition, it
> is safe to boot to linux, mount the windows partition (as vfat) , than
> create files on the Windows partition, delete files on the linux
> partition, etc.

I gave up trying to access NTFS from Linux a couple of years ago,
when I found that even *read* access was unreliable (the propaganda
from the rabid Linux supporters notwithstanding). I found that file
names were unreliable, and I do not mean the standard issue of
NTFS being case preserving, but case ignoring. I mean like control
characters getting stuck into file names. Since the file names
were not reliable, I didn't check further into data integrity.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.