FC5: Screensavers now working

Jim Lowman jmlowman at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 13 01:46:19 UTC 2006

>  The xscreensaver packages and the gnome-screensaver packages have been

>> complimented with new packages that you may need on your system to see
>> the extra screensavers within gnome-screensaver.
>>
>> I am assuming that you are using gnome-screensaver as the controlling
>> application.
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> An excerpt from the maintainer/developer update information is below:
>>
>> In this update, gnome-screensaver compatibility for xcreensaver-extras
>> and xscreensaver-gl-extras was implemented in the new
>> xscreensaver-extras-gss and xscreensaver-gl-extras-gss subpackages. You
>> need to install these additional packages if you want to use the
>> xscreensaver hacks in gnome-screensaver.

Thanks, Jim.  I now have all expected screensavers functioning.  I have
only two problems, and
they may be specific to my laptop, a Dell 8500:

--  Some of the screensavers appear to be running too fast

--  For some reason, the hyperball screensaver always has locked up
occasionally on this
     laptop, but no problem on two other desktop Linux boxes.

Jim