Re: Disaster now no GUI

From: Jim Cornette <fc-cornette insight rr com>
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list redhat com>
Subject: Re: Disaster now no GUI
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:59:48 -0400

Jim Douglas wrote:

yum is gone also, how can I install yum?

Thanks,
Jim

If you can mount the install media, you might get yum installed of the discs using rpm. There are probably dependency problems so it would not be too much fun. (Unless you are on a mission to resolve required packages manually.) You would need to add the needed package to your rpm install command line.

It sounds like you have the system in the state where I had one installation after running apt-get in the past. you might want to backup your important data and then do a clean install. I lost the ability to even login after my fiasco, at least you have some programs left.

Jim

--
Most people's favorite way to end a game is by winning.