Re: CD/DVD Verify

Jonathan Allen wrote:
Hi All,

I'm looking to write CDs and DVDs with (relatively) important data on them.
I'm building a filetree, using 'mkisofs' to turn that into an ISO image and
then using cdrecord to burn it onto the appropriate media.

So far, so good.  How can I verify that the media has recorded correctly ?
Do I have to mount the media and check each file, or is there some way to
verify the media itself against the ISO image file ?  I looked at 'readcd'
but it doesn't appear to do what I want - it actually seems to have some
difficulty reading the CD.  Any ideas ?

You could read back the data from the CD device using dd and then compare what you get back with the original ISO.

Paul.