Re: how to send an e-mail --- (a problem!)

On 13Sep2006 10:54, Paul Howarth <paul city-fan org> wrote:
| Steve Searle wrote:
| >Around 03:52pm on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 (UK time), Paul Howarth
| >scrawled:
| >>I think what you're looking for is:
| >>$ echo hello | Mail -s test john black vpnmail ru
| >>i.e. replace "sendmail" with "Mail" (note the upper case M).
| >
| >Mail is soft linked to mail, so the upper case M makes no difference.

For this kind of reason (not trusting "mail" to be anything in
particular) I always call sendmail itself, usually via this script:

  http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/mailsubj

So:

  echo hello | mailsubj -s "subject here" address...

Does the same job, but at least you _know_ what its going to do.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs zip com au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

My mind is like a blotter: Soaks it up, gets it backwards.