Transferring mails from Thunderbird

Mikko Silvennoinen mikko at pwar.net
Thu Sep 14 11:38:32 UTC 2006

Hi !

I once installed Thunderbird in a dualboot machine with XP and FC, and
I  installed
Thunderbird profiles of both systems on a VFAT/FAT32 partition and was
able to
use the same physical profile for both  XP and Fedora.
I just installed both first like everyone normally does,  and then there
was in a earlier version of Thunderbird a menu command New Profile,
which I used to define from where the profile would be read and after
that copied the profile folder I want to use to VFAT in the just defined
folder.
Now in the new Thunderbird version the information is situated in Fedora
under the user's home directory at .thunderbird/profiles.ini
My profiles.ini looks like this:
[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=1
Path=5jygzv2e.default
Default=1

Editing it to look something like this (much of this is just guessing,
you have to experiment and test it):
[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=Fedoraprofile
IsRelative=0
Path=/mnt/vfat/Thunderbird/Profiles/myusername/5jygzv2e.commonprofile
Default=1

[Profile1]
Name=XPprofile
IsRelative=0
Path=E:\Thunderbird\Profiles\myusername\5jygzv2e.commonprofile
Default=0

Mikko Silvennoinen