Re: Fwd: Problems in NIS

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply to my problem can you tell me where to put nolock option in nfs.
Thank you for responding to my problem
Nevadita
François Patte <francois patte math-info univ-paris5 fr> wrote:
nevadita chatterjee a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> We have one Fedora core5 Server for NIS and NFS running on it and there is
> also a second server for NFS. We have two NFS servers to distribute the
> load as well as increase disk quota for users. We have also the second NFS
> server configured as a NIS secondary for more load balancing.
>
> The configuration works fine most of the time but sometimes it is seen
> that the server either stops authenticating the client or does not mount
> the home directory of clients and reports a rpc time out.The log messages
> generated at that time are as below:

Are you running nfslock? Most of the problems with nfs used to come from
nfslock in FC3, FC4.... at the end I put the nolock option to mount the
nfs volumes and got rid of these kind of problems....

I did not try FC5 yet!

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique