Re: how to send an e-mail --- (a problem!)

www.sendmail.org

On 9/14/06, Jack Gates <jlgates charter net> wrote:
On Thursday 14 September 2006 08:00, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > For this kind of reason (not trusting "mail" to be anything in
> > particular) I always call sendmail itself, usually via this
> > script:
>
> The above statement mystifies me. mail will do what it always did.
> That is, send mail. mail has been the basic mail sending program
> for decades in Unix and then Linux. sendmail was not designed to be
> a mail client. --
> Aaron Konstam <akonstam sbcglobal net>

Not trying to be confrontational, just asking because I don't know and
have never messed with changing mail configurations beyond setting up
KMail to send and receive so I can get my mail.

What is Sendmail supposed to be designed to do?

--
Jack Gates http://www.morningstarcom.net