Evolution Contacts stop working

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Thu Sep 14 15:01:49 UTC 2006

I am running FC5 with SELinux in permissive mode, with all
updates installed.

I started evolution from the command line and this is what I get
when I attempt to add a recipient to an email :

--- Start ---
CalDAV Eplugin starting up ...

(evolution-2.6:7272): camel-WARNING **: camel_exception_get_id called
with NULL parameter.
libnm_glib_nm_state_cb: dbus returned an error.
  (org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown) The name
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files
BBDB spinning up...
bbdb: Buddy list has changed since last sync.

** (evolution-2.6:7272): WARNING **: bbdb: failed to open addressbook:
EBookStatus returned 20

** (evolution-2.6:7272): WARNING **: bbdb: failed to open addressbook:
EBookStatus returned 20

This has been annoying me for a while but I could not find any
error logging, until I ran it from the command line. There was
a dialog that popped up once suggesting that Evolution could
not access a directory, but I checked every directory along
the path and they were all fully accessible by me.

--
Guy Fraser
Network Administrator