Re: IP Tables

From: Paul Kloves <lists houston rr com>
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list redhat com>
Subject: Re: IP Tables
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:17:29 -0500

Jim Douglas wrote:

When I run /etc/sysconfig/iptables I get a "Pernmission Denied" message...

The same message I was getting in my services output window...

What do I need to change?

Jim

Try:
  iptables-restore -c /etc/sysconfig/iptables

That will reload the entries from the file. Note: I've done this once or twice, but that doesn't mean that it actually works or that it's the best way to do it. ;-) YMMV

It may be best to stop and restart the iptables service instead of manually reloading the tables.

--
Paul Kloves