security issue help

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Thu Sep 14 16:33:31 UTC 2006

Leon wrote:
> Here is the question: how can I check if my computer is compromised?
> Thank you.

One other piece of advice: try booting from the rescue CD or a live CD
to run the recommended programs. Most root kits are set to run at
bootup, and then try to hide themselves, a feat that is rather difficult
if you're booting from CD and not running anything from disk.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | ... a sign carefully conveying in pictograms the fact
aprilcottage.co.uk | that you should not leave wheelchairs on a certain river