Re: Type ASCII

Ian Malone wrote:
On 14/09/06, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan gmail com> wrote:
On 9/14/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox yahoo com au> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 12:28 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> > How do i type ASCII characters on Linux
> >
> > I know there is a man page man ascii
> >
> > But do i use it
>
> With a keyboard... Perhaps you should say which character you're trying
> to type.  e.g. In many consoles you can type CTRL G to get the ASCII
> character (decimal character number 7) that usually pings the bell.

I didnot understand your mail and I could not do it also, For example
for character A

How did you enter that 'A'?

Maybe what you want to do is enter arbitrary characters according
to some codepage?

Is this what you want to do?
<http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/input-keyboard.html#shortcuts>
Unicode entry shortcuts

"Note that you cannot use Shift-Ctrl-A-thru-F or Shift-Ctrl-0-thru-9 for your own purposes, as these combinations are used to enter unicode characters in text fields."

Alternatively: Applications|Accessories|Character map

--
imalone