Re: slow yum

At 7:38 PM -0400 9/14/06, Amadeus W. M. wrote:
I've noticed lately yum is almost painfully slow. It scans its
magic list of mirrors and for (too) many of them it reports
incorrect checksums. Does anybody know what's going on? It used
to be much faster. Is there any way I can tell it to skip over
repeated offenders?

AIUI FC6 will have better mirrorlists.

Stablemirror is a yum plugin to choose a stable, working, up-to-date mirror each time, usually the same mirror each time.

<http://georgeanelson.com/stablemirror.htm>