Re: Red Hat Users Invited To Test RHEL 5

Paul Howarth wrote:
On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 22:26 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:

RHEL probably would be too slimmed down for my usage at home.

RHEL will include some packages that are in Fedora Extras; they'll just
be maintained (for the purposes of RHEL) by Red Hat staff instead of the
community members that maintain the packages in Extras.

Paul.

It is good to know that RHEL will contain some programs that are in Fedora-Extras. There are many programs migrated that would be missed otherwise. My assumption without research was it was less than FC plus extras. The last try I did with CentOS seemed to give me that impression.

Jim

--
Kirk to Enterprise -- beam down yeoman Rand and a six-pack.