Re: mount not working in FC5 but works fine in FC4?

Phil wrote:
I am using FC5 on a new server and I need to mount a windows share in order to do some backing up of a database.

On a Fedora Core 4 box I can issue this command to mount my windows share:
mount -t smbfs //10.64.87.34/backups /mnt/smb/store1/ -o workgroup=domain1,username=userguy,password=password!

If I issue the same command in FC5 I get the following output:
mount: unknown file system type 'smbfs'

I am at a loss... even the man page indicates that smbfs is a file type...

The weird part is I can use nautilus to mount the share without a problem, but I need to mount it to the file system in order to run my script...

Try mount -t cifs instead.  That should fix it.

--
Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator