help me! Adaptec 2410SA failed on FC3

honglin shang alan_shang at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 16 04:20:18 UTC 2006

We have a FC3, the guy who built it left the company. Last week, we started
to heard of endless beep from the server. After power it down to check
what's wrong, it is no longer bootable. There are 4 drives, 2 drives
mirrored each other, 2 arrays totally. The array with system report
rebuilding, the array with data has disappeared. As soon as the 2410SA card
try to initialize the array, it end with endless beep, then no longer be
able to find any drive to boot.

We unpluged the drive from 2410SA, connected them to the mother board
directly, the drive is there, but there is no partition any more! Even we
boot with FC3 rescue CD, there is no partition in it. Since it is mirrored
RAID 1, we are expecting to see some data in it even with 1 drive.

Is it due to we do not load the driver for 2410SA? where to find them? The
big trouble is: how to get the data back from those drive? Now, it seems all
blank.

The data is important to me.

Please help! Thanks!