Re: Where are smbmounts mounted?

From: "James Wilkinson" <fedora aprilcottage co uk>

Aaron Konstam wrote:
But that leaves a mystery. The man page of mount indicates the existence
of a mount.smbfs (which does not seem to exist). Then there is smbmount
which I thought used to exist but I can't find it in the distribution.
The implication is that you can mount a file share. Can you? And if you
can , how do you do it?

It's been replaced by mount.cifs -- CIFS is Microsoft's *second* attempt
at a filesharing protocol (unless I missed a pre-SMB one).

Just use mount and be done with it. Otherwise you lose some of the
basic mount options.

{^_^}