adding text to JPEGs, in bulk

Amadeus W. M. amadeus84 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 17 03:41:11 UTC 2006

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 14:33:03 +0930, Tim wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-09-16 at 00:37 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> May I suggest 'man bash'?
>
> You are cruel...  ;-)  Years ago I decided to have a look at that, but
> my eyes began to hurt when I'd only scratched the surface of that huge
> man file.  "man bash" is aptly named.
>
> --

What can I say? Linux is very powerful (I'd like to see this done
in windows). But it won't do it on its own for you, you have to
dig a little bit.

At any rate, take it easy. To get an idea of how to do a for loop,
do this (in a shell, of course):

for file in *
do
	echo $file
done

It's self explanatory. Then for your task, you replace the echo
command with the convert command.

The xargs alternative that someone else suggested works well too.