adding text to JPEGs, in bulk

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Sep 17 09:18:26 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 14:28 -0400, Amadeus W. M. wrote:
> for file in *.jpg
> do
>         outputname=`basename $file .jpg`_out.jpg
>         convert [drawing command] $file $outputname
> done

Does adding files to the same directory it's reading from change how the
"for files in" function works?

> You can do this directly at the prompt, or you can save it in
> a bash script.

I've not figured out how to do multi-line commands at the command line.

> Command line comes in pretty handy, doesn't it?

Yes it does.  But I'm not a Windows (nor DOS) person, by the way.  ;-)

Though I still quite like the idea of GUIs, when they have decent file
selector gadgets for batch work.  There are times where it's damn near
impossible to select the files you want out of a directory by name
matching rules.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.