Re: problems in installing realtek 8139 network card

I have tried to remove the connection and reestablish it again, but I may have overlooked something. So I'll try it again. Anything special I should look for to be sure that the removal is complete?

PA

Anne Wilson wrote:
Whacky suggestion, but ISTR that on one occasion I had to actually remove a network connection (which I did via system-config-network, I think) then re-add it, before I could activate it. It couldn't do much harm to try it, anyway. I don't like black-magic solutions, but I assume that something had become lost/damaged/still referring to the old connection, and this was the only way to get rid of it.

Anne