Re: euro symbol on konsole screen

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Sunday 17 September 2006 12:35, Bob Goodwin wrote:
Try "xkeycaps."  I had to yum install it in FC-5
yesterday, that displays the keycode numbers graphically.

That looks useful.  What about character names, though?  That a+~ that I want?

Anne
It's been more than a year since I did this and I
don't recall where the keysyms came from but I did
find a list that seems to work in part.

For instance:

/usr/bin/xmodmap -e 'keycode 115=oslash'

produces      Ø  or ø  with the left hand Windows
key shifted/unshifted.  Not sure about your "A" with
the bar?

See:   http://linux.kiefner.de/de-dvorak.xmodmap

Bob Goodwin