kernel 2.6.17-1.2187_FC5 boots and monitor goes out of range

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Sep 17 16:17:27 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-17 at 11:47 -0400, linuxmaillists at charter.net wrote:
> Another box boots on kernel 2.6.17-1.2187_FC5 but the monitor goes
> out of range so I can't see anything on the screen. This box is
> still running the kernel 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 and the monitor works.

You could CTRL + ALT + F1 to get yourself to a text-only console, that
should still be in range of your monitor.  Login as root, stop your X
server, reconfigure it, then try starting it again.  Or you could do
something similar, but starting off by logging in remotely from another
box.

I read messages from the public lists.