KDE panel icon size

I am running KDE and FC5.

I set the panel to "small" and have always found this to be the best
setting with my 15" LCD monitor. In all other distros I have used,
the panel icons have been perfectly large enough, almost filling the
panel width.

However, in FC5, they are very tiny and there is a lot of blank grey
space top and bottom of them.

Is there any way of making them larger, please, without increasing the
width of the panel? My old eyes would appreciate it!

I can't find anything in the mailing list or forum archives.

Many thanks

Keith