[Fwd: Fwd: Getting older]

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 21:08:51 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-17 at 21:24 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Eventually realised that it's called HelixPlayer, and yes, it can be removed -
> Ric, are you listening?

HelixPlayer... that was intuitive. I don't guess it could have just been
named helix... oh Hell naww, it's too #%^$& important to be all lower
case with a simple name. I did rpm -q --whatprovides helix and nothing
came up. There ought to be a law.

> It does, but the embedded tab didn't allow me to do anything helpful.  I still
> don't know why the problem occurred.  HelixPlayer was not listed to be used
> at all, but it seems to grab things.

Thanx, Sis. You're on to it. It seems to grab things when I don't want
it to grab things. That's my beef. I am ignorant of the mechanism that
does this and would remove it if it became known. File Mangler is no
help at all. It has unresolvable file depends on totem-xine.

> Anyway, removing HelixPlayer hasn't
> helped the original problem.  From the url that Scott gave I can play it with
> 'Music Player' whatever that may be, but I still can't play it from the url
> that Ric originally gave us.

You must have missed the errata... when I originally copied and pasted I
only got the text, not the link. My bad. We cleared it up in the posts
that followed, which you may have deleted on the fly.

<smiles, but showing no teeth and avoiding direct eye contact>

Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256