gnome issue when upgrading from FC3->FC4

hi...

i did an upgrade on a few of my systems from FC3->FC4. on two of the boxes,
everything went fine, and i managed to get the gnome desktop for FC4, with
the menus on the top of the screen/window.

however, on one of my systems, the gnome display/desktop is still the same
as it was on FC3. as far as i can tell, the 'gnome' rpms/packages are the
same. the kernel is the 2.6.17 FC4 on all the systems. the gnome
rpms/packages all appear to be 2.10 on the machines....

the update was done via yum/yum update/etc...

any thoughts/ideas on what might be the cause/issue, as well as how to
correct it!!

thanks