LAN connection FC5 - RH7.2

Per-Anton Rønning pa-ronn at online.no
Mon Sep 18 16:40:57 UTC 2006

Paul Howarth wrote:

> You may have overlooked opening the FTP port on your FC5 box's firewall.
> Or you might even have neglected to set up and/or start the FTP server.
>
> Paul.
At installation time I did not enable the firewall, but I have done that
now, and I have checked the FTP box.
On RH7.2 I'm running pure-ftpd, and       "ps ax | grep gftp"  shows
"gftp-gtk", whici I suppose is the FTP server in FC5.
I guess both must be running, otherwise I could not reach the RH7.2 from
the FC5 either.
Connecting to RH7.2 from FC5 works fine.  But still, connection from
RH7.2 to FC5 is refused.
Do you mean that I have to set an FTP portnumber too in the forewall? I
found no way of doing that, there was just a checkbox to be marked.
BTW, Gnome was the only way i could access the firewall config tool , I
have been searcing in vain to find
its counterpart in KDE.  Any hints? I really prefer to work with KDE.

PA