Logitech LX7 Cordless mouse sensitivity issue

A user is experiencing really bad sensitivity issues with a Logitech LX7 cordless mouse. Its all over the place.

I have done some research into the matter, but it seems that others are using this mouse on Linux based systems without the sensitivity issues we are experiencing. Most of the articles surrounding the use of this mouse on Linux pertain to activating buttons and scroll right/left functionality.

Should I suspect a bad mouse, or bad research?

stumped :(