Re: Checking internet connection without a winbox

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 10:44:42 +0300,
  Dotan Cohen <dotancohen gmail com> wrote:
What is a typical IP for a modem? Maybe if I just knew it's IP, then I
could get into the control panel and figure out what to do.

It would be in one of the reserved for private use IP blocks. I have seen
modems default to 10.0.0.1 and 192.168.0.1 (but I haven't seen a lot of
samples).

My Belkin DSL modem at home defaulted to 192.168.2.X, it's the first one I've ever seen default to the subnet.

--
Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator