Re: I doan wahnt no stinkin' HE-LIX ann I doan wahnt no stinkin' TOE-TEM!!

On 09/18/2006 07:17:51 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:

To add to the mystery how does one change what you get when you go to
address: about:plugins in firefox?
--

To change the default behavior for downloads, which is what the GP is talking about: in firefox go to edit->preferences->downloads.

There's a section under that called download actions, with a button called view and edit download actions. Click this. Remove the actions for types of files you don't want to open automatically. I believe you might have to restart firefox after this.

To change what you get in about:plugins add or remove plugins from usr/lib/mozilla/plugins. That's where they should all be. Or usr/lib/firefox[version#]/plugins: for example, usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.6/plugins. Restart firefox after taking out or adding any plugins.

Cheers,
Rikke