Re: Textpad replacement in Linux

I just looked at cooledit. It does not look too bad. A little clunky but functional. It did not build cleanly in FC5 but fixing that was fairly simple. Line 52 of coollocal.h needs to have the word "static" prepended to it.

Finding a place to download it was more of a challenge. Use google not freshmeat. I was finally able to pick up the latest at:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/apps/editors/X/cooledit/

FWIW: It does not appear to be an active project.