PPTP VPN ---

thierry itty thierry.itty at besancon.org
Tue Sep 19 06:42:05 UTC 2006

SERGIE a écrit :

>Guys could you please advise me what program to use
>to CONNECT TO VPN USING PPTP? standard pptp from fedora-extras does not see to
>be good, has no init scripts and a few documentation and I don't know how it
>works? ....

I think this could help :
http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/howto-fedora-core-4.phtml

basically, you :
- install the pptp package,
- configure /etc/ppp/options.pptp (may not be necessary)
- configure /etc/ppp/chap-secrets or pap-secrets (depending on server
configuration) - contains auth info
- create /etc/ppp/peers/<connectionname> - contains server and protocol info
- launch the connection : "pptp call <connectionname>

hth