To: <fedora-list redhat com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 11:13 AM
Subject: forcing overwrite with cp in FC5

I know this must have been covered before, but I can't find it...

How can I get cp to overwrite existing destination files without being
prompted for every file?  --force doesn't do it, --remove-destination
doesn't do it (although from reading the man page I would expect
either one to to work) and --reply=yes complains that it's being
depreciated.

If the answer is "'you can't", can I get a pointer to the source for
cp?

Thanks!

Mike-
--
If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.