Re: Desktop image?

Myles Green wrote:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:46:40 +0100
Paul Howarth <paul city-fan org> wrote:

Bob Goodwin wrote:
On the desktop display [xfce] the background is an "F" with
what I suppose are bubbles.  I need to clear that space
to eliminate interference with the gkrellm display which
I run with a theme that provides a transparent background.

Can anyone tell me where to find the image file so that I
can change it?
Right click on the desktop and select "Change Desktop Background"

That won't work with Xfce. You'll need to go (in the menu) to Settings -->
Settings Manager and then choose Desktop. You should be able to find your
way from there.

HTH, Myles
Yes, I know that and I have done so this morning but
I find that function erratic for whatever reason, yesterday
it didn't work?  This morning it does, and I have had that
problem on several computers set up similarly?

I would prefer to change the file that makes the image
if possible.  But I don't know it's name ...

Bob Goodwin