local yum repository

Dear all
I have installed a local yum repository.
When trying to list the list all available packages, I got this.
I have checked that repomd.xml exists on the right place and that the
webserver works fine.
I don't guess what the problem is? Could you help?
Adel

[adel localhost ~]$ yum list available
Setting up repositories
base                                                                 [1/2]
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: base
Cannot find repomd.xml file for base
Error: Cannot find repomd.xml file for base
[adel localhost ~]$

cat /etc/yum.conf
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
keepcache=0
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1
plugins=1
metadata_expire=1800

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
# in /etc/yum.repos.d
[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
#mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-released-fc$re
leasever
baseurl=http://192.168.1.237/yum/$releasever/$basearch/updates/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://192.168.1.237/yum/$releasever/$basearch/os/
#mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releaseve
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1