Re: local yum repository

adel essafi laposte net wrote:
Dear all
I have installed a local yum repository.
When trying to list the list all available packages, I got this. I have checked that repomd.xml exists on the right place and that the
webserver works fine.
I don't guess what the problem is? Could you help?
Adel

[adel localhost ~]$ yum list available
Setting up repositories
base                                                                 [1/2]
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: base
Cannot find repomd.xml file for base
Error: Cannot find repomd.xml file for base
[adel localhost ~]$

cat /etc/yum.conf
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
keepcache=0
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1
plugins=1
metadata_expire=1800

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
# in /etc/yum.repos.d
[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
#mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-released-fc$re
leasever
baseurl=http://192.168.1.237/yum/$releasever/$basearch/updates/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://192.168.1.237/yum/$releasever/$basearch/os/
#mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releaseve
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
http://mail2web.com/ .

Assuming standard locations:
After each rsync you need to rebuild the repo data:
/usr/bin/createrepo -q /var/www/html/yum/5/i386/os

This one may also be 'wrong' depending on how you retrieved it. It may actually need to be:
/usr/bin/createrepo -q /var/www/html/yum/5/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS
You would need to adjust your yum.conf file in that case.

In any case, use createrepo to rebuild the repository data after every update of the repository.

# yum install createrepo