Re: Change root > normal user?

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 09:20, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Mostly it is a matter of having the permissions for the program
> to be something like 755 if owned by root.

Let me see if I understand this correctly, if I give an executable
owned by root a permission 775 then any member of the root group
would be able to use that executable same as root.  Is that
correct?

How would I set up a GUI front end (for a command line executable
that can only be run by root) so that a password dialog comes
requesting the root password?

--
Jack Gates http://www.jlgates.com