slow surfing broadband under FC5

Yuandan Zhang yuandan.zhang at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 01:28:41 UTC 2006

Hope someone can help.

I have 512k ADSL broadband and connected to the internet via a D-Link
modem/touter. A laptop with XP and everything is fine on that.
<http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/#>Another laptop with a dual boot
system. I have Win XP (and again everything
is fine) and FC5.

The problem is when I am surfing the internet under FC5 Linux. Certain sites
are fine, but some (google.com, www.smh.com.au, etc,  to name a few) just
don't load, sometime, it keeps "looking up ... ' or  'connecting to ...'.
sometime, it stoped with ' loading problem ...', most of the time it just
stops after loading the banners.

the ethenet connection obtains auto dynemic ip address.

Any thoughts anyone? I am using the Firefox 1.5.0.7 browser.
Yuandan