fc4->fc5 upgrade

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 20 04:45:05 UTC 2006

hi hs...

i tried your approach.. to gradually/slowly remove the rpms for the apps
that appear to be having dependency issues... and managed to delete a
package that blew up/deleted the rpm/yum apps...

so.. based on my experience, i'm still looking for the 'correct approach' to
being able to do a FC4-FC5 update using yum.

from articles/forums/letters i've seen, i'm not the only person in this
situation...

it appears that being able to simply do a "yum -y update' works on a
relatively clean FC4 machine...

thanks..