Re: local yum repository

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 02:53 -0400, adel essafi laposte net wrote:
> Dear all
> I have solved the problem by rebuilding the metadata.
>
> But, when executing yum grouplist I got this
>
> [adel localhost ~]$ yum grouplist
> Setting up Group Process
> Setting up repositories
> base                                                                 [1/2]
> updates-released                                                     [2/2]
> Error: No Groups on which to run command
>

> Go you have any idea how to solve this

The base repository should contain the groups information. If you have
recreated the metadata yourself rather than copying it from the same
source as the RPMs, it's unlikely that you'll have created the group
information (you'd need the comps.xml file and I don't think that's
distributed in FC5 onwards).

You'd be better off using the distributed metadata from the install
media.

Paul.