Re: setting up personal file sharing with a Windows box and Fedora Core

At 02:35 20/09/2006, you wrote:

I am wondering what the procedure in Gnome is for setting up personal file sharing for a Fedora box and Windows? Any help would be appreciated.

I tried getting file sharing with XP working last week, playing around with Ubuntu Server. I think your best friend would be WebMin. You also need to install Samba if it isn't already. You will need to open the correct ports in iptables, 137-139 both TCP and UCP AIUI.

File sharing on this box now works fine for me. Printing is another matter.....

Dave F