Re: Automatic way of applying the same command to a bunch of files

On 9/20/06, Andy Green <andy warmcat com> wrote:
> I have in a directory a bunch of wav files to which I want to apply
> the following command:
>
> sox filename.wav -r 44100 output_filename.wav

for i in `ls *.wav` ; do sox $i -r 44100 output_$i.wav ; done

should do it.

Thanks, Andy. Unfortunately, the names of the wav files contain
spaces, and therefore your solution does not work. The dir command
produces:

07\ Missa\ brevis.wav
08\ Missa\ brevis.wav
[...]