Rsync help needed

User david needs to copy files from ~/Documents/Recipes to a public directory
under the home directory of another user on machine 'borg'.  Some new
subdirectories have been created by david.

The command used is
rsync -e "/usr/bin/ssh" -auvz /home/david/Documents/Recipes/
david borg:/home/anne/Public/Recipes

Error messages are of the types:
rsync: failed to set times on "/home/anne/Public/Recipes/.": Operation not
permitted (1)
rsync: mkstemp "/home/anne/Public/Recipes/.blankrecipe.doc.bo5Bs2" failed:
Permission denied (13)

The first one refers to a directory.  If I look at the directory on borg it is
set to allow all of group 'users' to add, change and delete.  If I look at it
through samba on the box connecting by ssh, 'users' can only read.

I don't understand what the 'mkstemp' messages are about.  Is this writing a
temporary file during the transfer?  If so, I presume that curing the first
one will also cure this one.

All help gratefully received

Anne